Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ah...camping!





Went camping this weekend, and what a perfect weekend it was. The weather was great, we didn't even need to cover the top...which meant we didn't have to wake up sweating and we could actually sleep a little longer than 6:30! We had a couple visitors.....
We had some drinks, smores and music.....
....and we even went fishing!

We had a great time, but we decided that our next camping outting should be a snorkeling one. If any of you know of any place within a few hour drive of the FL panhandle, let me know. I told everyone that the only place that I could think of would be Port St. Joe, which is actually quite nice for snorkeling but I've never actually camped there...so if you know of any other places, please let me know. Hopefully we can do that within the next couple months before it gets too cold to swim.

7 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 4:53 PM , Blogger Brillig said...

How about the jeddy (don't know if that is speeled right but I didn't want to spell Jedi and have people get the wrong idea) at Panama City. There was some decent snorkeling there. But if you really want good snorkeling you should try gennie springs. Great place, and there's cave snorkeling! Or perhaps Vortex Springs. There are camp grounds there as well.

 
At 9/14/2005 5:54 PM , Blogger Da Beef said...

The jetties are cool, but it is always so crowded with people and they snorkel right over you! Damn kids!!! Where is Gennie Springs? Is there camping there? I've had some friends that got dive certified at Vortex Springs...they said it was cool, no really...they said that the water was f#@!ing cold! But I've never actually been there.

 
At 9/15/2005 11:07 AM , Blogger Brillig said...

Its cold but c'mon don't puss-out.

 
At 9/15/2005 10:13 PM , Blogger Da Beef said...

Remember, my northern blood has now acclimated to southern weather. I'm a wussy! Although...I do now own a wetsuit! Still haven't gotten to use it yet...that would be the perfect opportunity.

 
At 9/16/2005 7:51 PM , Blogger Singularity said...

It's amazing you can have fun without the modern convienences like disco balls, lighted stages, and a ten foot pole... alright I'm done.

 
At 9/16/2005 10:14 PM , Blogger Da Beef said...

Ten foot pole....damn! I'm a down to earth gal...all I need is tp, food and alcohol!

 
At 10/02/2005 9:19 AM , Blogger Brillig said...

Hey, It's Mark. I was messing around with my blog and decided to go ahead and change the URL. Its now www.halfassedopinions.blogspot.com . Sorry for the confusion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home