Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Sexual Predators

There was an article in the Newspaper the other day about sexual predators. I didn't read the article, but my boss was telling me about it and gave me the website to search for sexual predators in the state of Florida. He lives is Gulf Breeze and was saying that when he put in his zip code, there were 24 or so people in his area (the whole city of Gulf Breeze). So I decided to put in my zip, which is only for the Ensley area of Pensacola. It came up with a list of 33 predators. I was shocked. Now granted, I understand that all sexual crimes have to get reported to this site, so there is a wide array of charges from sexual acts with an underage person. It sounds bad, but I mean if you are 18, and going out with someone who is 16 and her parents don't like you, they can charge you. But the charges range from minor to outright disgusting perverts. The sexual predators, the ones who are very dangerous, have a big red "sexual predator" under their picture. Yes, the website shows pictures, last known addresses and their criminal charges.

So, I'm looking through the list of my zip code and I get to the second page. I'm looking at the addresses and thereis my street. I look over at the picture and there is my neighbor!!!! His charge was lewd acts with someone under 16. I went to the county clerks website to check out his rap sheet and there was a little bit more there, something about the underage person being impregnanted. Maybe his wife or something. I don't know. But this is really creeping me out. I've never really talked to the guy. Just introduced myself. But I have always got the impression he seemed like a sleeze! Well, now I know he is. But I am really freaked out by this guy now.

If any of you want to check it out, go to www3.fdle.state.fl.us and click on the sexual predator search to the right of the page. Hope your results are better than mine!

2 Comments:

At 3/31/2005 2:15 PM , Blogger Brillig said...

Man, that IS creepy. Is it keeping you up at night? Just be glad you live with two guys who I’m sure are a substantial enough threat to any predators out there that it will not be a problem. We only have one actual “predator” in or area but we don’t have one right next door. Scary!

 
At 1/18/2006 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other night I was on line talking to a man from St. Louis, Brown hair 6 ft, Named Dakota? who indicated he was baby sitting his 2 neices and their girlfriend and had performed oral sex on them as their little legs were spread and they "wanted him" while sleeping. Needless to say, as the mother of 3 that were molested by their father and his friend I did my best to get him to give me his number so I could call him . My cousin is the local sheriff and my brother is one of his deputies so I would have turned it over to them if he had given it to me. Be careful in St. Louis mom's

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home